A child rapist from Swansea who ‘revelled in sadomasochistic sex with children’ has been jailed for 20 years.
Anthony Malcolm Roche, of Birchgrove, was jailed at Swansea Crown Court on March 18 last year.
Police found documents detailing the sick fantasies which he had acted out on a young boy when they arrested the 54-year-old.
Roche told his terrified victim that he was his ‘pet’ or his ‘slave’, Sir John Griffith Williams told London’s Appeal Court.
Travel company boss jailed after hounding his ex-girlfriend when she broke up with him
He raped the boy and made him pleasure him and perform sex acts on him.
He made him dress up in a girl’s school uniform and forced him to walk around naked wearing a collar and lead.
Roche gave the boy cannabis to smoke, assaulted him with a sex toy, chained him to a banister for hours and secured him to a bed with handcuffs and belts.
He was convicted of 14 counts of indecent assault and eight counts of rape.
Police found chains, leads, restraints and sex toys at his property.
There were also ‘pages of sexual scenarios’ written by Roche which ‘chimed exactly with what the complainant said had happened’.
The judge who jailed Roche described his crimes as ‘repulsive, shocking and pitiless’ and the impact on the victim as ‘profound’.
“You revel in and lust after sadomasochistic sex with children’, he told Roche.
But his barrister James Hartson today argued his jail term was far too tough and should be cut.
Sir John said the victim was ‘subjected to a level and extent of corruption which in many places beggars belief’.
Roche had ‘ruined this victim’s life’, added the judge, who was sitting with Lord Justice Treacy and Mr Justice Gilbart.
He ruled there could be ‘no criticism whatsoever’ of the sentence passed and that it was ‘well-justified’.
Jerald D. Medders, 51, of 6 Zelda Place in Palm Coast, was arrested on three counts of rape on a 16-year-old girl, a first-degree felony. Medders, who also spells his first name “Gerald,” was arrested at his home and booked at the Flagler County jail on $300,000 bond. He was to have his first-appearance hearing before a judge this morning.
Palm Coast’s Jerald Medders, 51, Held on $300,000 Bond Over Child Rape Charges FLAGLERLIVE | MARCH 16, 2017
'Very serious offence'
CHRISTIANSBURG — A Blacksburg man’s pleas on Monday brought two convictions of raping a child — and prevented a jury trial that could have brought a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
Michael Lashawn Brown, 35, entered Alford pleas to two charges of raping a child under the age of 13. In an Alford plea, a defendant maintains his or her innocence but admits the prosecution has enough evidence to win a conviction. An Alford plea is treated as a guilty plea.
Montgomery County Circuit Court Judge Robert Turk accepted the pleas and found Brown guilty on both charges. The judge ordered a pre-sentencing report and set a sentencing hearing for June 19. Brown faces maximum terms of life in prison on each charge but not the mandatory life in prison that could have resulted.
The difference in sentences stemmed from the details of the charges against Brown. Prosecutors had amended the initial rape charges to also include Brown’s age under a Virginia law that mandates a life sentence for such convictions.
Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Dean Manor explained that the prosecution was basically un-amending the charges, returning them to the original counts and leaving it to the judge to decide a sentence — which would add to the lengthy prison term that Brown is already serving for other convictions.
A charge of forcible sodomy was nol prossed, or dropped, Monday.
All of the charges involved a single victim, the daughter of a former girlfriend of Brown’s. The convictions were for acts that occurred in 2009 and 2011.
Brown had been charged in Pulaski County with more attacks against the same girl. He was acquitted in 2014 in Pulaski County on two charges of raping a child under the age of 13. After a 2015 jury trial in Pulaski County Circuit Court, Brown was convicted of two charges of aggravated sexual battery against a child younger than 13. He was sentenced to serve 40 years in prison.
Montgomery County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mary Pettitt wrote in an email after Monday’s hearing that the victim’s family was glad that she did not have to testify again.
A jury trial had been scheduled for Monday on the Montgomery County charges. A pool of potential jurors waited down the hall as Brown made his pleas.
After Brown was led away by sheriff’s deputies, Turk left the bench and hurried from the courtroom to personally thank the would-be jurors for coming in — and to tell them they did not have to spend the day in court after all.
RAJANPUR: A 13-year-old rape victim gave birth to a child, which will be the sole evidence that will lead the court to the rapist.
The victim’s family said that the girl used to take tuitions at a house in the neighbourhood where 40-year-old Kashif raped her.
When the family went to court the case could not proceed further due to lack of evidence. It was then the girl’s father decided that he needed to bring his daughter’s unborn child in this world.
The minor girl gave birth on November 17, 2016 following which the local court had ordered a DNA test to determine parenthood.
However, the key accused in the case failed to appear in the court during the last two proceedings.
PITTSFIELD — Though she may never see a dime of the $2.6 million settlement awarded to her, a child rape survivor is still "ecstatic" about the ruling, according to her attorney.
On March 9, Judge John Agostini awarded the damages to a 28-year-old woman, identified in court documents as "Jane Doe," as the result of a civil suit brought against her attacker, Darrell R. Croshier Jr.
Croshier, who pleaded guilty in June 1998 to five counts of rape and abuse of a child, three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 and one count of assault with the intent to rape, was sentenced to four years in prison, followed by eight years of probation.
The assaults began when Doe was 5 and continued until she was 9, according to her attorney, Robert A. DiTusa.
DiTusa said as Doe got older, she began to have a lot of questions about why the assaults happened. DiTusa said she remembers the rapes, but didn't have much to say in the criminal process due to her age.
"This was a way for her to get results," DiTusa said. "To give a voice to that 9-year-old child that was not heard."
He said the size of the award made Doe feel that the judge really listened to her.
DiTusa said the original complaint did not specify any amount of damages, but during the February hearing, he did make Agostini aware of the amount of damages awarded in similar cases.
Doe testified for about two hours during that hearing, DiTusa said.
Because there is not insurance involved in the case, DiTusa said the chances are slim that Doe will see much, if any, of the awarded damages, but it was still important to pursue the case in an effort to take back some control of her life, he said.
Doe was able to bring the claim due to a 2014 change in Massachusetts law which allows a victim of sexual abuse until the age of 53 to bring a civil suit against their attacker.
In his decision, Agostini said Croshier repeatedly raped and abused Doe as well as psychologically abused and terrorized her.
Agostini found Doe suffered significant physical and psychological injuries as a result of the abuse including post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, insomnia and requires "considerable" medications.
"Her ability to have substantial personal relationships is greatly compromised and her self-esteem is minimal," Agostini wrote in his decision. "For a considerable period of time she has been lost, confused and essentially disoriented."
"However," he wrote, "there is a real sense of optimism that [Doe] can overcome some, if not all, of her present problems."
Doe felt, "my community listened to me," DiTusa said.
Croshier did not appear nor participate in the civil hearing, according to court files.
TEMPO.CO, Karanganyar - Karanganyar Police arrested a man suspected to be a pedophile. The suspect, Fajar, has sexually abused 16 underage boys.
Karanganyar Police Chief Commissioner Ade Safri Simanjuntak stated that the case was revealed following a confession from one of Fajar's victims. "The victim confessed to his teacher, that he was once sexually abused by the suspect," said Ade on Monday, March 20, 2017.
School administrators immediately reported the discovery to the victim's parents, where they followed it by reporting the case to the police. "We acted swiftly by collecting initial evidence and witness statements," Ade said.
After police obtained enough initial evidence, including the victim's report, they immediately arrested the suspect who lives in the same neighborhood as the victim.
According to Ade, the suspect has been committing his crimes for 14-years between 2003 and 2016. "A victim was even sexually abused three times," Ade said.
Ade stated that the suspect targets 8 to 10-years old boys. "One of his [earlier] victims is now an adult," Ade added.
Ade explained that the Police are currently approaching other victim's families. Ade added that there are parents who were not even aware of their child being a victim of pedophilia.