Post in evidenza

"Operation Shelter": Sex exploitation network in Newcastle

They exploited some of Tyneside’s most vulnerable girls and young women for sex.  But now these predators have now been brought to justic...

AddToAny

martedì 25 aprile 2017

"Operation Daybreak" Children's Homes Sexual Abuse

A former social worker jailed for 20 years for historic sex offences at a children's home faces being kicked out of the profession today.

Andris Logins, 58, became the first carer to be convicted as part of Operation Daybreak - an investigation undertaken by Nottinghamshire Police into children's homes in the county.
He was convicted of four rapes, 12 indecent assaults and one cruelty to a child offence at Nottingham Crown Court in March last year.
He committed the offences aged 22 to 27 while employed at the Beechwood Care Home in Mapperley between 1980 and 1985.
Sentencing him last year, Judge James Sanson described Beechwood as the 'home from hell', at the epicenter of numerous allegations of abuse.
More than 130 people had come forward to make allegations against the Beechwood Care Home by May 2015, four years after the operation began.
Serious sexual offence charges were brought against two people and a further 12 were arrested in connection with the allegations.
A Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC) panel decided today (Monday, April 24) that Logins' fitness to practice is currently impaired and he is now set to be struck off.
Presenting the case for the HCPC, Nicola Hill said: "Mr Logins is subject to a 20-year custodial sentence, as well as other ancillary orders.
"I would invite the panel to strike this gentleman from the register."
Logins, of Stiles Road, Arnold, was convicted of 17 charges of historic abuse on March 21, 2016, has been suspended from practice since May 2015.
He was found guilty of four counts of rape against children aged 13 to 16, 12 counts of indecent assault on young boys and girls, and one count of ill-treatment.
In his early 20s, Logins developed a rapport with vulnerable children before abusing them, prosecutor Mary Prior QC told the court last year.
Police took action after a woman told officers he had raped her when she was 15.
The carer dragged one 14-year-old boy into his office where he beat him and forced him to undress.
Nottinghamshire County Council leader Alan Rhodes apologised for failing to protect the children placed in Logins' care.

Former social worker jailed for historic sex offences is struck off  Nottingham Post  April 24, 2017


Paedophile headmaster arrested 25 aprile 2017


19-year-old arrested for sexual abuse of 4-year-old child 25 aprile 2017


Man who sexually abused a toddler sentenced 25 aprile 2017


Colombia’s child sexual abuse epidemic 25 aprile 2017





8-month-old raped and killed by her dad 25 aprile 2017


Paedophiles shift target to Cambodia’s rural villages 24 aprile 2017



CHILD RAPISTS 97 23 aprile 2017


CHILD RAPISTS 96 23 aprile 2017


CHILD RAPISTS 95 23 aprile 2017




Nursery worker admitted sexually abusing 18 children 23 aprile 2017


Man,woman sentenced for producing child porn with infant 22 aprile 2017


Navy SEAL accused of rape charged with child porn 22 aprile 2017


"Project Raphael" 104 arrested In child sex trafficking sting 22 aprile 2017



Father broadcasted live rape of his 2-year-old daughter 21 aprile 2017


Ex US General charged with sex trafficking, child rape 21 aprile 2017



Malaysian women found raped, tortured 25 aprile 2017



Schoolgirl raped, two others sexually abused 25 aprile 2017


15-year-old girl set ablaze for resisting rape by four men 25 aprile 2017




Ti piace?