After more than five hours of deliberation this afternoon, a jury unanimously found an 83-year-old Larose man guilty of the sexual battery of a 7-year-old girl more than 30 years ago.
The jury of four men and eight women found Warren Danos guilty of assaults that occurred repeatedly from 1984 to 1986. Danos was was originally charged with aggravated rape.
PUSHMATAHA COUNTY, Oklahoma -
A Pushmataha County man has been arrested on several counts of child sexual abuse, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
In July 2016, OSBI special agents said they began an investigation into allegations of abuse by 37-year-old Anthony David William. Agents said they interviewed several children who lived with Williams when their mother dated him several years ago.
During a forensic interview, each child disclosed Williams had touched them in a sexual manner, according to agents. The children were between the ages of seven and 11 when the abuse occurred, authorities said.
Wednesday, agents arrested Williams on a felony warrant at the OSBI Field Office in Antlers. He was booked into the Pushmataha County jail.
Pushmataha Man Arrested On Multiple Counts Of Child Sexual Abuse Apr 28, 2017 LAURA HENDRIX, NEWS9.COM
An Angelina County grand jury handed up more than 30 indictments in its April session, including one for a former school counselor charged with aggravated assault of a child and indecency with a child by contact.
On April 2, 2016, Angelina County Sheriff’s deputies arrested John Wesley Carter, 45, of Huntington, after a 13-year-old girl told investigators that he had touched her inappropriately in a deer stand three years earlier, according to previous Lufkin News reports. The girl initially made an outcry to a teacher at an Angelina County school that is not named in Carter’s arrest affidavit.
The girl said she was in the fourth grade at the time of the assault, which she said occurred when Carter took her hunting, the affidavit stated. Carter denied the assault when confronted by investigators but did confirm he had taken the girl on a hunting trip.
In a separate case, Carter accepted a plea bargain in February 2015 on the charges of improper relationship between educator and student and attempting to possess child pornography in exchange for a five-year probation sentence from state District Judge Bob Inselmann, according to the previous reports. As part of the plea deal, Carter agreed to surrender his teaching license, register as a sex offender, pay a $1,500 fine and complete 200 hours of community service.
Carter’s conduct came into question in October 2013 after the mother of a girl who was younger than 10 went to the Lufkin Police Department with a recording of conversations between Carter and the girl, the previous report stated. The girl went to school twice with a voice recorder hidden in her clothes, capturing what investigators believed to be indicative of “grooming” behavior used by pedophiles to establish an emotional connection with the child to prepare them for child abuse.
During an interview with detectives, Carter admitted to having sexual thoughts about kids due to them telling him their problems, according to the previous report. He reportedly said there was no physical contact between him and the girl, aside from kissing her on the cheek, and there had been similar conversations between the two prior to the recordings. He also told detectives that he only wanted “dirty talk” from the girl because if she expressed a sexual interest in him, it would make him feel desired or wanted.
During the interview, Carter also admitted to accidentally coming across pornography online that was “probably” of children, according to the previous report. During a forensic examination of Carter’s laptop, detectives recovered titles from a hidden folder. A search using the term “child porn” returned more than 50 titles believed to have been viewed using Carter’s computer.
Carter was hired at Pineywoods Community Academy in Lufkin in June 2013 and worked there until October 2013, according to former PCA Superintendent Bruce Marchand. Prior to working for PCA, Carter worked as a counselor in the Lufkin and Diboll school districts, and officials there indicated that he had left both jobs in good standing.
County records indicate Carter posted a $30,000 bond for the aggravated sexual assault of a child and indecency with a child charges.
WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) -
A Wichita Falls man is behind bars charged with several counts involving crimes against a child.
On Sunday, Wichita Falls Police officers responded to a report about a 10-year-old girl claiming she had been sexually assaulted. The victim told her mother Christopher Wayne Morriss, 36, had been molesting her since she was 6 years old.
The victim was taken to the hospital for a Sexual Assault Nurse Examination (SANE).
On Tuesday, the victim was taken to Patsy's House for a forensic interview where she stated on April 15th while staying with Morriss in a home on the 5400 block of Dewey Street he sexually assaulted her.
She also stated that she told Morriss to 'stop' during the assault but he did not. The victim told interviewers that Morriss told her he would kill her if she told anyone about the incidents.
The victim's sister was also interviewed by Patsy's House because the victim stated the sister was in the home at the time of the abuse on April 15th.
According to an arrest affidavit, the sister corroborated some of the victim's statements. Based on those statements and the SANE findings a warrant for Morriss was issued.
Morriss is behind bars in the Wichita County Jail charged with three counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault and two counts of Indecency with a Child. His bond is set at $700,000.
Wichita Falls man arrested for Sexual Assault and Indecency with a Child April 28th 2017 Samantha Forester
A Salford man who sexually abused and beat his victims to ensure their silence has today been jailed for 22 years.
David Glausiusz (13/01/1970) of Leigh Road, Broughton Park, Salford has today, Friday 28 April 2017, been jailed for three counts of rape of a child under the age of 13, six counts of sexual assault against a child under the age of 13, three counts of assault and three counts of child cruelty after being found guilty at an earlier hearing.
Sentencing Glausiusz at Minshull Street Crown Court, Judge Rudland praised GMP’s investigation, telling the court: “there will be no place that the police light will not shine to protect the vulnerable.”
In April 2014, a referral was made to Salford Children’s Social Care raising concerns about a young boy.
Extensive enquiries by officers and staff from the Salford Borough, along with partners, established the boy had been sexually and physically abused by Glauciusz.
Months of further enquiries, both locally and internationally, identified a number of other victims, some of which had later made disclosures to police that Glauciusz had raped them, struck them with a piece of wood and stood on their stomach.
In court, it was proved that Glauciusz was guilty of a number of recent and non-recent abuse against his victims including children as young as seven.
While investigating, officers discovered his victims had been convinced by Glauciusz that they would not be believed if they reported his crimes. He had also tried to threaten them about potential repercussions in the community if they reported it.
Detective Chief Inspector Alan Clitherow of GMP’s Salford Borough, said: “The astounding bravery shown by those who suffered at the hands of Glauciusz has helped put a stop to his prolific and frankly evil actions.
“We are determined to continue working with a range of partners to safeguard victims and prosecute offenders and I’d like to recognise the valiant steps his victims have taken to put him behind bars.
“Tackling sexual and physical abuse of children and young people will remain a priority for GMP but protecting children and young people is the responsibility of us all.
“It is crucial that we work together to identify individuals who prey on vulnerable children and empower young people to speak up.”
Greater Manchester is nationally recognised as a model of good practice in terms of support services available to victims.
– If you or someone you know has been raped or sexually assaulted, we encourage you not to suffer in silence and report it to the police, or a support agency so you can get the help and support available.
– You can call Greater Manchester Police on 101, or alternatively people can refer themselves to St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515, whether or not you want make a police report.
– St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service to anyone in Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and people can access them via Greater Manchester Police, or as a self-referral.
– Manchester Rape Crisis is a confidential support service run by women for women and girls who have been raped or sexually abused. Confidential helpline: 0161 273 4500. Black and Minority Ethnic helpline: 0161 273 4514.
– Survivors Manchester offers support and counselling for adult male survivors of sexual abuse and rape, regardless of when the event happened. Contact 07919 246 267.
Advocate arrested for sexual abuse SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT PUDUCHERRY APRIL 28, 2017