A Jackson Township man was sentenced Tuesday to 7 to 14 years in state prison for sexually assaulting a young boy on at least 10 occasions during summer 2013.
A 43-year-old man was ordered held on $50,000 bail Thursday in the criminal sexual assault of two relatives that began when one of the victims was 6 years old, prosecutors said.
At a bond hearing, prosecutors said Terry Lockett assaulted both victims, now 16, from the time they were 6 and 8.
The first victim reported the abuse started in September of 2006 and continued until 2014 at a South Chicago home where Lockett sometimes lived, prosecutors said.
In the first incident, prosecutors said Lockett invited the victim into his room and asked her to help him out. He then closed the door and put on a pornographic DVD before he disrobed. He then had the girl perform a sex act on him, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors said he did the same sort of thing multiple times. Between the fall of 2012 and 2014, he also groomed the child to perform sex acts on him at the home and in his parked car.
In December 2016, the victim used text messages to tell her best friend from school about what had been doing. The friend persuaded the girl to tell her mother, which she did a month later, prosecutors said. In January, the victim and her mother reported the abuse to police.
The other victim said she was abused starting when she was about about 8 years old. Between the Spring of 2008 to 2012, the victim said Lockett would enter where she was sleeping, wake her up and bring her to the bathroom, where he sexually abused her.
The first time he forced her to do it, he gave her $30 and told her not to tell anyone what happened, prosecutors said.
In 2014, that victim told her boyfriend, and in 2016 she told her parents about the abuse. In January the victim and her parents told police, prosecutors said.
At a hearing Thursday, Cook County Judge Peggy Chiampas ordered Lockett held on $50,000.
Man accused in sexual assaults of 2 young relatives Deanese Williams-Harris Chicago Tribune June 1 2017
Man, woman accused of kidnapping, sexual assault against 13-year-old girl News 3 Staff June 2nd 2017
BRISTOL — A Bristol man is facing criminal charges after police said he sexually assaulted two minors.
On Wednesday, Bristol police said they arrested and charged Jose Rubet, 42, for assaulting two juvenile females who were known to him.
“This case was investigated after a family member of the children contacted police on April 13th, 2017. The assaults occurred in New Britain over a twelve month period prior to the report to police,” said police.
Police said the two female victims are 10 and 9-years-old.
Rubet is charged with six counts of first degree sexual assault, five counts of fourth degree sexual assault and 11 counts of risk of injury to a minor.
FARMINGTON — A Farmington man has been accused of 25 counts of child sexual abuse on allegations he had sexual intercourse with a young female relative across a nearly 16-month period.
Edward Yazzie, 59, was charged on May 22 in Aztec Magistrate Court on four counts of criminal sexual penetration in the first degree and 21 counts of criminal sexual contact in the second degree, according to court records.
Theresa Walker, Yazzie's public defender, did not respond to requests for comment.
The victim, now 14, was interviewed by a San Juan County Sheriff's Office detective on May 18 at a local middle school with a counselor, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
She told the detective she had been having sexual contact with Yazzie for multiple months with the first encounter allegedly taking place in January 2016.
The victim said she participated in sexual acts with Yazzie and did not enjoy it, according to court documents.
Detectives later interviewed Yazzie at the sheriff's office and learned he had initially denied the allegations.
During the interview, Yazzie told police he had been having sexual contact with the victim since January 2016. He admitted to having sex with the victim about 15 to 16 times, about two times a month, since January 2016, according to court documents.
He waived his preliminary hearing scheduled for Thursday, and his case was bound over to district court, according to court documents.
Yazzie's bond was set at $50,000 cash only, and he was incarcerated at the San Juan County Adult Detention Center as of Thursday afternoon.
ATHEIN, Irrawaddy Division — A high school teacher in Irrawaddy Division has been sentenced to 40 years in prison with hard labor for raping two of his students several times.
The victims’ fathers filed complaints against the 29-year-old teacher last September. The Pyapon District Court judge handed down two 20-year sentences, the maximum penalty for the crime.
Yan Naing, who taught history at a basic education school in the village of Shwenyaungbin in Kyaiklat Township, raped a 15-year-old student five times in the teachers’ staff room and a 14-year-old student three times in a classroom, according to township police.
He had worked at the school since Oct. 2014.
“The court deemed that such people do not deserve to be teachers and that they harm the education community. So, it handed him the harshest penalty allowed,” prosecutor U Kyaw Zeya told The Irrawaddy.
The teacher was detained at Pyapon Prison while facing trial. After the sentencing on Wednesday, he was sent to Pathein Prison, where he will serve his time.
The teacher pleaded not guilty at the trial, saying it was a trumped-up charge filed by other teachers in conjunction with students. However, he was found guilty by district judge Daw Khin Lin.
“The parents of the victims and the community are satisfied with the harsh penalty given by the court,” said Daw Khin Moe Aye, a member of Yaung Ni Oo Women’s Organization in Kyaiklat Township.
In 2016, Irrawaddy Division saw a total of 101 child rape cases, in which children between the ages two and 16 were molested. There were 26 cases in Pyapon District alone, and the number was the highest among the districts in Irrawaddy Division, according to the divisional police force.
Translated from Burmese by Thet Ko Ko.