Drug dealer Andrew Timblin, 60, nicknamed the “Bear” by Stockport residents subjected two schoolgirls to horrific rapes.
Timblin, who described himself as a "local hardman”, has a tattoo across his stomach which says “The Sex Machine”.
He targeted his most recent victim when she was just 13 years-old in a bid to "satisfy his own sickening urges", a court heard.
The girl was raped twice and told police she was frightened by the "bad vibe" 60-year-old Timblin gave off from the moment she met him, Manchester Evening News reported.
Timblin also subjected another victim to a campaign of violence and sexual degradation from the age of 17, knocking her unconscious with a speaker, stabbing her in the thigh with a knife, and raping her while he was high on amphetamines.
She was only able to speak out having received years of counselling.
Timblin denied all charges against him in a trial at Minshull Street Crown Court, claiming his accusers were “in it together”.
But he was convicted of 13 offences against the two victims, including rape, sexual assault, unlawful wounding and actual bodily harm.
The trial heard that Timblin was a competitive bodybuilder up until his forties, but in the years since his health has declined and he has suffered two brain haemorrhages.
He was supported throughout the case by family members.
Speaking after Timblin was found guilty of raping her, the youngest victim said in a statement: “It has been a horrific experience having to relive the depravity inflicted on me by Andrew Timblin.
"I’m just thankful he will be prevented from causing the same damage to anyone else’s life for whatever period he remains in prison.”
Timblin was jailed for 21 years at Manchester's Minshull Street Crown Court.
A SELF-PROCLAIMED “Sex Machine” has been jailed after raping two girls to "satisfy his urges George Martin
Winston-Salem man convicted again of raping 6-year-old girl; an appeals court had ordered a new trial in the case June 12 2017
ZANESVILLE - An agreement between the state and defense attorney recommended 10 years in prison. The judge gave him 19.
"You were raping a 13-year-old girl in a car, you were found out, you took off and wrecked your car, seriously injuring the girl," said Muskingum County Common Pleas Judge Kelly Cottrill. "Does that sound accurate?"
"Yes," said Robert Pine, a 46-year-old Buckeye Lake man.
Pine previously pleaded guilty in Muskingum County Common Pleas Court to rape, a first-degree felony, two counts of aggravated vehicular assault, one a second-degree felony and one a third-degree felony, and two counts of OVI, both first-degree misdemeanors.
Cottrill read Pine's criminal history, an extensive list of felonies and misdemeanors including failure to comply, theft, burglary, possession and trafficking of narcotics, obstructing official business and public indecency. Pine had been to prison six times before.
In a letter he wrote to the judge, Pine stated, "I know in my heart I'm a good person," Cottrill said. A letter from Pine's mother called this kind of trouble out of character for her son.
Cottrill pointed out all of the previous prison sentences Pine had served. This would be his seventh felony conviction.
Pine's defense attorney Keith Edwards of Columbus said Pine pleaded guilty partly to allow the victim to avoid a trial, and that should be taken into consideration.
"He does take responsibility for this offense," Edwards said.
Before he was sentenced, Pine told the judge that he wasn't able to receive effective counseling during his previous prison sentences.
"Anything else?" Cottrill said.
"No, sir," Pine said.
"We were very pleased with the outcome of the case and the fact that the court took into consideration the defendant's lack of remorse and lack of acceptance of responsibility," said Assistant Muskingum County Prosecutor Ron Welch.
Welch said his office's primary goal was to prevent the victim from having to testify, and he was happy that the court sentenced Pine above and beyond the state's recommendation.
On Feb. 3, law enforcement responded to a report of two vehicles driving at high rates of speed on Coopermill Road, Welch previously said in court. The second vehicle appeared to be chasing the first.
By the time a deputy arrived, Pine had crashed his vehicle, Welch said.
Officers found Pine and a 13-year-old female, Welch said. She told law enforcement that Pine had taken her to a secluded road, told her to take her clothes off and had sex with her in the backseat.
Pine tried to drive away after another vehicle approached and the driver saw the naked child in the backseat, Welch said. The other car chased Pine until he crashed.
The victim was transported to Nationwide Children's Hospital and was treated for broken bones, Welch said. Pine had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana at the time of the crash according to previous testimony.
Chelmsford child rapist who repeatedly attacked young girl has been jailed for 17 years RichardDuggan June 12, 2017
A woman says she will be "haunted forever" after learning that there was a second victim of Sidney John Hurst's child sexual abuse.
A jury accepted the woman was raped by Hurst in the 1950s when she was aged 8 or younger.
Hurst, now aged 78, was in the dock in the High Court at Christchurch as she read her victim impact statement at his sentencing on eight charges.
The woman is now in her 60s. Hurst was a teenager when the rape happened.
She told Justice David Gendall the offending – which included indecent assaults over years – was her secret for decades. She thought that not talking about it and putting it to the back of her mind might make it go away.
"I was scared that if I told someone what was happening to me they would not believe me, think I was trying to cause trouble, or just being naughty by making this up," she said.
She had insomnia and nightmares.
"I feared that my inaction might lead to further abuse of young girls. The fact that there was another victim will haunt me forever."
The other victim, now in her 50s, was tearful as she described how she believed her life would have been different without the childhood abuse.
She suffered from post traumatic stress disorder, which affected her financially, socially and emotionally.
She had become cold, aloof and prickly. She resorted to social isolation as a way to survive. She turned to alcohol to cope.
Hurst denied the offending at an eight-day trial in the High Court in Christchurch in April, but a jury found him guilty on all charges.
The offending related to two girls – six charges involving one of them and two charges for the other – between 1955 and 1975.
One woman told of offending as far back as 1955. The other alleged offending dated to 1967.
Some of the charges were so old they had to be brought under the 1908 Crimes Act rather than the current legislation.
Justice Gendall said he had to consider the sentencing levels that applied at the time of the offending. He had to have regard to the effects on the victims, who courageously read moving statements to the court.
The statements were "troubling" and made chilling reading, the judge said.
He said sentencing levels had changed dramatically since the 1960s and 1970s, but attitudes to denunciation and deterrence had not.
He imposed a series of jail sentences totalling seven years, which included a reduction for his age. Hurst will be registered as a child sex offender.
Child sex abuse victim who kept silent 'haunted forever' after learning rapist Sidney John Hurst offended again DAVID CLARKSON June 14 2017
An appeals court has rejected the appeal of a former priest convicted of rape, molestation and sexual battery of children.
Mark Broussard was convicted by a Calcasieu Parish jury last spring of five child sex charges. The crimes occurred while he was a Catholic priest in the 1980s. He's no longer a priest; he left the church in 1994, according to evidence presented at his trial.
Broussard was convicted of molesting and raping an altar boy over the course of four years, beginning when the child was 10 years old. He is serving two life sentences, plus 55 years on the charges. All the sentences are being served consecutively, or one after the other. The life sentences are without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence.
Shortly after he was sentenced, he asked the Court to reconsider that sentence. His motion was denied without a hearing.
Now he has appealed to the Third Circuit Court of Appeal, asking that his conviction be thrown out because of various technical issues. The court denied his appeal, stating no errors were found. To read the entire appeal, scroll down.
Broussard's appeal was based on his allegation that the trial judge made a mistake when he denied his challenge of a juror; when he refused to throw out a statement he made; when he allowed evidence of other crimes Broussard allegedly committed; and when he refused to remove all the parts of a video statement that Broussard wanted removed.
The juror in question said she'd been raped by two relatives when she was a child. Broussard's attorney didn't want her on the jury, but the judge questioned her at length and didn't feel her own history would prevent her from listening to the evidence and making a decision.
Broussard wanted a statement in which he confessed to police thrown out. His lawyer argued that Broussard shouldn't have been questioned because he had asked for an attorney. In looking at the transcripts, the court determined that Broussard talked about getting a lawyer, twice, but asked detectives to leave him alone so he could think about it. They did, even providing him with cigarettes and food while he pondered, twice. Both times he said he wanted to go ahead with the interview, the court decided.
On the issue of other crimes, the Appeals Court wrote that Broussard's attorney provided no evidence that any evidence of other crimes was ever admitted during the trial.
Finally, on the issue of the video, among other requests, Broussard's attorney had asked the trial court to remove references in Broussard's video statement to the two victims who testified against him at trial. The court refused. That was a proper decision, the Appeals Court ruled. The Appeals Court also examined his other objections, and found that Broussard's attorney didn't present any argument or evidence that allowing the jury to hear the information had caused Broussard any damage.